Reserve, Under-21 and Development team matches
From TheChels.info - The Chelsea Football Club Wiki
Premier League 2
The summer of 2016 saw the Under-21 Premier League give way to the 'Premier League 2', a new Under-23 competition with provisions for four overage players. The competition structure remained otherwise untouched.
Under-21 Premier League Campaigns
- 2015-16 Under-21 Premier League
- 2014-15 Under-21 Premier League
- 2013-14 Under-21 Premier League
- 2012-13 Under-21 Premier League
Premier Reserve League Campaigns
In the summer of 2012, the Elite Player Performance Plan came into effect in English football. Part of the reforms was the restructuring of 'reserve' league football into a national Under-21 development league.
'The Premier Reserve League was the top reserve team league for the top English football teams in the Premier League until 2012.
The league, which was formerly split into northern and southern sections, started out in 1999, replacing The Central League in the north and The Football Combination in the south as the top level of reserve-team football, although these competitions still continue for lower-level teams.
Teams were not relegated from the Premier Reserve League based on their final league position, but on the league position of their respective clubs' senior teams. If a senior team was relegated from the Premier League, then the reserve team is relegated from the Premier Reserve League and replaced by the reserve team of the promoted team from the Championship.
- 2011-12 Premier Reserve League South
- 2010-11 Premier Reserve League Group C
- 2009-10 Premier Reserve League South
- 2008-09 Premier Reserve League South
- 2007-08 Premier Reserve League South
- 2006-07 Premier Reserve League South
- 2005-06 Premier Reserve League South
- 2004-05 Premier Reserve League South
- 2003-04 Premier Reserve League South
- 2002-03 Premier Reserve League South
- 2001-02 Premier Reserve League South
- 2000-01 Premier Reserve League South
- 1999-2000 Premier Reserve League South
Under-21 League Campaigns
At the start of the 1993-94 season there was an attempt to start a competition in order to enable those players now overage for the Youth League to get competitive football, before reaching the Reserve level. As such 'The Under-21 League was formed but this was a bit of a flop lasting just the single season and with full details neither being previewed or reported upon.